changing images of women in
WE RPC is an international research consortium, which brings together academics, activists and practitioners working to advance women locally, regionally and through global policy processes. The consortium brings into partnership 5 research institutions of excellence in policy, advocacy and applied feminist research on women’s empowerment. Each centre is a focal point for regional networking, research and dialogue, bringing together researchers, activists, policy makers and practitioner partners from across the region, and, working in close association with UNIFEM to contribute their experiences and create opportunities for action research regionally and internationally.
Explaining the theme
Changing images of Women in Ghana will confront existing myths and stereotypes of women. The photographs for this competition can be entered in 4 different categories. Each applicant can enter a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 6 photographs in each category. The sub-themes are:
1. Women’s empowerment,
(4) Building constituencies for equality & justice.
Contestants’ Briefing meeting
Friday, 20th June, 2008
Deadline for Submitting Photo Entries
Friday, 15th August, 2008
Announcement of Winners
Monday, 15th September, 2008 on www.pathwaysghana.blogspot.com
The first prize is a Canon 400D digital camera. However, all short listed and winning images will be exhibited locally and possibly internationally. The proceeds of any images that might be sold will go to the individual artist. The RPC will always credit the individual photographer, and the full copyright remains with the photographer; however, the RPC will retain the right to use the images to enhance the conception of women in
and to provoke discussion. Ghana
Please remember all images must be documentary/reportage photography!
DIGITAL (Highly Recommended):
- When taking the image always shoot on highest quality JPEG, TIFF or ideally RAW file formats. Never shoot on low quality JPEG! If you shoot on low quality we will not be able to print them to exhibition size.
- Save the images you select for the competition as high resolution JPEG or as TIFFs. Please make a word document with your name and contact details and caption for each image, indicating the category/sub-theme the image belongs to. The caption should give details of the person you and/or your reason for shooting that image.
- Burn the images and word document onto a CD and deliver to the Programme Administrator.
- Remember also to write your name and contact details on the CD!
- After the end of the competition you are free to pick up your CD after
22nd September, 2008.
- Enter large prints into the competition; please give each one a number.
- Please include a written document with your name and contact details and caption for each image. The caption should give details of the person you shot, and/or your reason for shooting that image.
- Put the prints and text document in an envelope and deliver to the Programme Administrator.
- After the end of the competition you are free to pick up your prints after
22nd September, 2008.
Submit Entries to:
The Programme Administrator
WE RPC-Ghana Hub
For further information:
E-mail: email@example.com (ATTN: Photo Competition)